StatCounter

EYES WIDE OPEN













































We had a girls' day out on Saturday.
We visited a lovely garden
had some lunch,
then poked our heads
in small boutiques
before finishing off with cake
washed down with coffee for me
strawberry juice for her. 


I cherish times like this with my two.
I love to take them to beautiful places,
where time stands still
for a moment,
as you stare at the way
the light falls through the window,
& the soft, dark corners.
Senses wide open.



On the way back,
a message from a dear friend
lights up in the dimness,
as we pass fields, woods and quiet bays.
It's strange how in the half light
you often see the clearest.
We talk about how we both
want to create more beauty in this world,
and how that feeling has intensified lately
with all that's going on.
A mission to dwell on what's good.
So we make some plans.
Now those plans
tingle a little in the stomach. 



































Seawashed said...

Ohhh this is so lovely. Those grey curtains whisper to me. My white tattered linen curtains used to puddle at the bottom and then I washed them, and they shrunk! Makes me so sad but I cannot afford, or do I think it is necessary to purchase more to replace them. I miss their puddle but still love the atmosphere that they give our home. Maybe tou will visit my blog some day to see.

Beauty always flows from you.
Thank you xx

Doina Manea said...

”A mission to dwell on what's good.”
Count me on!
With love from New York,
Doina

barefeet and bluejeans said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Yes...a refocusing of the eye on whatever is pure, lovely, praiseworthy...let us think in these things. Not to bury our heads in the sand but instead to look up and beyond...to see that there is still beauty. Always. Xo -melody

Joanna Ulfsdotter said...

Ohh how stunning. And I love the plan, without even knowing what it is! :) The same thoughts here also; how to spread love and beauty, put something good into a world as wounded as ours right now... xx

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you Kerrie darling for your heartfelt words!
The same happened to me actually, they shrunk,
and now don't reach the floor anymore...
I'll have to replace them, too,
maybe with a softer type of linen as well.
I'll definitely be over sweetie!
Wishing you a gorgeous day, x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Lovely that you're in on that, too,
dearest Doina!
Sending love & light your way, x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Exactly, Melody,
so beautifully said...
So much to be in awe and thankful for
each and every day.
Sending you lots of love! x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you my darling friend, Jo!
We'll have to catch up soon :)
And glad for all that love and beauty
that you spread with who you are
and what yo do...
Let's keep it flowing, xx

Tania Lizeth said...

This was so beautifully written!

Instagram

Sanctuary.